The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for providing all aspects of client care, including diagnosis, treatments and client consultations. The NP works closely with nursing staff and physician supervision as an integral part of the team providing health services and professional nursing care for all clients.
1. Perform patient screenings, assessments, history and physicals.
2. Order tests and serve as a client’s primary healthcare provider.
3. Prescribe medication as allowed by license and complete rounds on clients.
4. Review client’s medical records, keep client charts and order and review lab tests as needed.
5. Deliver a high quality of client care services and conduct follow up appointments for ongoing care.
6. Assist with obtaining medical history information from clients and family members at time of admission.
7. Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and monitor for compliance.
8. Administer CPR in emergency situations.
9. Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to client confidentiality. Maintain strict confidentiality on all Foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
10. Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
11. Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and help create a positive working environment for all team members.
12. Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
? Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
? Experienced in providing medical care to a diverse population.
? Excellent assessment and communication skills.
? Ability to work autonomously with a passion for providing quality client care.
? Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
? Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
? Excellent documentation skills using an Electronic Health Record.
? Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
o Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
o Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
o Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
o Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
o Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
? Master’s Degree in Nursing
? Minimum of five (5) years nursing experience as an Nurse Practitioner
? Experience providing care for individuals with alcohol and substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment preferred
? Experience with CMBHS or other electronic health record system preferred
? Familiarity with HER’s and medical charting systems preferred
Internal Number: 1
About Cenikor Foundation
Cenikor offers multiple options on the path to sobriety. Clients have the opportunity to join our programs and flow through the continuum of care along their path to recovery. Some clients will be best suited for our long-term programs and can reclaim their lives and their sobriety in the structured residential community. Other clients need the work-life balance provided by our outpatient facilities where convenient care can be added to your daily life without disruption. Some clients start out in our detox programs and transition to short-term care or to outpatient care depending on their needs. We are dedicated to finding the right level of care for our individual clients path to sobriety. Cenikor helps families rebuild relationships that have been impacted by alcohol and drug addiction.
Our focus is to provide high-quality, affordable services to the clients and the communities we proudly serve.
Cenikor is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, proudly serving over 1,000 clients per week to achieve better health and better lives.